Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Is it bad that I like cheap wine??

Little Roo chardonnay is not bad at all. It's a pretty, light, bright yellow that just looks like summer.  And I happen to kinda hate the word pretty so it must be true if I say it is.  It does not have the tart undertone that I dislike about a lot of chardonnays.
I can't direct you to the web site since it seems it's maker doesn't feel it's worth the time to make it one, but from the bottle: "Crisp green apples and pear aromas are highlighted by toasty oak".  Which forces me to admit a shameful truth. I've never ever detected a taste of tree in my wine, and if I ever do I'm not sure I'll be able to distinguish the type of tree.  I know, the wannabe part of my title never stood out in such bold type before. Oh well, no where to go but up.
Although I don't detect an highlights of toasty oak, burnt oak, or any other kind of oak that doesn't mean it's not there.  But I do smell the apple and pear, and I think this is a nice, light chardonnay that I'd buy again even if it WASN'T incredibly inexpensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment