Saturday, May 14, 2011

Finally a Wine I can Describe as Peppery!

One of the many interesting things about wine is how people describe the taste.  Minerally, chalky, peppery, smoky, gamey, all kinds of descriptions I never would have associated with a drink. 

I finally tried the Colores Del Sol malbec I mentioned the other day.  I don't know what came over me but I actually wanted a red wine.  This wine is pretty great.  It's a bit high in tannins and dry for my taste; my cheeks feel like I bit into a lemon.  But the tartness is completely made up for by the fact that it has a come-and-go smoky taste.  AND, even better, I swear it has a peppery taste and finish as well.  I started drinking this wine too cold - the longer it sat in the glass and warmed up the more I could taste the different flavors in the wine and the more I liked it.

Long and short of it is that although this isn't one of my favorite wines I've had I will definitely explore malbec wines a bit more and I would recommend you this wine.  That's pretty high praise for a red wine from a white wine drinker like me!

No comments:

Post a Comment